Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicklook & QuickTimes

With Lion, I can no longer use Quick Look to look at any QT movies. All I get is a gray dialog box and a button that says open in QT. Also I am unable to preview these movies in the Finder. I'm hoping it is just a setting, but until then I have to actually open my QTs to see them. A friend who also has Lion does not have this problem, so I think it is a local problem with my settings. I need my Quick Looks back!!

Thanks,

Jeff

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), 27" 2.93 Ghz Intel Core i7 16G RAM

Posted on Sep 8, 2011 8:20 AM

6 replies

Jun 6, 2012 2:28 PM in response to JJTV1

I had a strange app installed. I can't rememeber the exact name but it got installed when I tried to install some add-on for QT or another app. It was called 3ivx. It showed up at the top of my Applications list and once I deleted it the problem disappeared for good. Good luck! I took it to 2 Genius Bars with no luck until I brought it in to a friend who is a Mac repair guy and he found the culprit.

Quicklook & QuickTimes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.