Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Password

How well does I Password work?

Posted on Sep 8, 2011 11:16 AM

6 replies

Sep 8, 2011 11:20 AM in response to Philip Corn

1Password has been known to crash apps, especially Safari.

Results of a 1Password ASC forum search:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/mac_os/search.jspa?peopleEnabled=true&us erID=&containerType=&container=&spotlight=true&q=1Password%20Safari

You are much better off using the Mac OS X pre installed native app Keychain Access for password management located in /Applications/Utilities.

Sep 8, 2011 11:25 AM in response to Philip Corn

Hi - I use 1Password on 3 macs and a PC laptop, and it has worked flawlessly (knock wood). I use Safari on the macs and Chrome on the PC.

1Password keeps the password database current on all three machines via encrypted syncing through a Dropbox connection.

One of the features I really like it the ability to let 1Password create a very complex & secure password that I don't have to remember.

Another is the 1Password feature that keeps track of software keys.

MtD

Sep 8, 2011 2:17 PM in response to Philip Corn

1Password works great. I was a little put off by it's high price but it has made my life so much more easier when it comes to tracking my accounts on the internet. As mentioned above, it can also save your product keys for software you own. You can also save notes in it as well.

Another great feature is the password generator which can create a random password for you. Browser integration is pretty good too. It's installed as a browser extension and can be opened at any time and locked with a password by default. You can use it to access your saved passwords or generate new ones for new accounts you create online.

I Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.