Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not record audio with the internal microphone or a external microphone? What is the fix?

I can not record audio with the internal microphone or a external microphone? What is the fix?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 8, 2011 1:59 PM

5 replies

Sep 8, 2011 2:25 PM in response to dennisfromdove canyon

With wich software you try to record audio?

First aid:

If want to use the build in microfone

Check system settings --> Sound --> Input

User uploaded file

If want to use a external microfon, you have to set the "Use audio port for:" to "Sound Input"

Check also, that the software you use for recording have the right "audio in" settings, corresponding to your system settings.

Cheers - Lupunus

Apr 4, 2013 4:10 PM in response to dennisfromdove canyon

I have the same issue. I first discovered this while I was trying to record in Photo Booth. It plays back a strong hissing sound. When I check all the Midi Settings and Sound settings the input level meter does move and shows that sound is being recieved but when I facetime and when I use photobooth my internal mic cannot be used and will not playback. Is there anything I haven't tried?

Apr 5, 2013 10:44 AM in response to jw000.w

jw000.w wrote:

I do appologize and appreciate it! Im and running OS X

Please click on the following link & do the necessary in providing the info previously requested.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1758 How to identify iMac models

Click on the Apple>About This Computer. The window will tell you which version OS is currently installed on your iMac.

=========================

It would help us to know which computer model you have, which OS you're using, how much RAM, etc. You can have this info displayed on the bottom of every post by completing your system profile and filling in the information asked for.

This will help in providing you with the proper and/or correct solutions.

Thank You.

User uploaded file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.