6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2011 2:18 PM by Dave Angel
Dave Angel Level 1 Level 1

The auto selection will not load my idvd app selction when I'm asked what to do when a dvd is loaded into the drive and of course the mac will not play the dvd.

The dvds are playing fine on my mac book pro no problem so its not the dvds, so I really am stuck with this, please help!!

Cheers

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • fox27 Level 1 Level 1

I'm not understanding your problem, if you open DVD Player on your iMac, can you then play the DVD at all?

• Dave Angel Level 1 Level 1

When I insert a dvd into the drive nothing happens, it just wont play it and if you look in finder there is not a dvd displayed either, so when I checked the "what should happen when you indert cds and dvds" preference box all the slections are how i want them to be with the exception of what to do when a dvd is inserted, it wont allow me to put Idvd orany other app for that matter, the field will just stay blank.

Hope this is clear

Thanks

• AnaMusic Level 9 Level 9

Try a Permissions Repair using Disc Utility... Followed by a Restart...

Repair Permissions

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1782

There are a selection of disks to look at or repair, not sure which one to work on

• AnaMusic Level 9 Level 9

Dave Angel wrote:

There are a selection of disks to look at or repair, not sure which one to work on

Select Macintosh HD... Usually the Top of the List in the column on the Left...

1)     In Disk Utility, on the Left Side Column,  select the disk you want to check.

2)     Click First Aid.

3)     Click Verify Disk Permissions to test permissions.

Wait until it is Completed...

4)     Then, Click Repair Disk Permissions to test and repair permissions.

Wait until it is Completed...

5)     Quit Disc Utility and Restart your Computer

Thanks for your help. I tried this, one thing that has changed is that on prefs it will let me select my application off choice when inserting a disk into the drive, either idvd, or dvd player for example but still it wont play the dvds.

I reckon I'm screwed becasue the warranty has just run out and beleive it or not this prob;lem has been there for months, I wish i sorted it before!

Any ideas?