Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP My 3 year old son just managed to buy a $10 app.

Hi I have only had my ipad for 3 days and somehow my 3 year old son has managed to download a $10 app. I thought the store would ask for my password but it didn't is there any way you can set the store to ask for your password every single time you try to download an app. Many thanks so concerned

iPad

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 6:14 AM

3 replies

Sep 9, 2011 8:56 AM in response to Chase 051

The store will ask for your password each time you purchase. But then any purchases made within 15 minutes it will not. So one would assume you purchased something and then gave them your ipad within that time.

There is no option to change this timeout but you can disable the ability to install apps and purchase in-app content. In the settings goto general and restrictions. Select a passcode (do NOT forget this) and disable whatever you want. Its recommended to disable in-app purchases as I have seen many a toddler buy $30 of smurfberries not realising how it impacts their real world pocket.

If you ever need to buy something, just go back in here and disable the restriction. Better safe than sorry.

I do not believe there is any way to get your money back.

HELP My 3 year old son just managed to buy a $10 app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.