Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating Disk Image Freezes

I'm attempting to do a full backup of my boot drive to an external hard drive using Disk Utility to create a disk image. For some reason, it always gets to a certain point, and then locks up. This morning when I came into the office, it was locked up on the task "Adding Resources". I've successfully created disk images of other workstations on this hard drive, but for some reason have been unsuccessful with my main workstation.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening? Does Carbon Copy Cloner create a full disk image just as good as Disk Utility? I find it odd that I don't have to unmount the disk that CCC is creating a disk image from. Thoughts?

Thanks

Dave

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 7:24 AM

3 replies

Creating Disk Image Freezes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.