Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook battery from Amazon

I'm need to buy a battery for my 13" inch 2006-07 model macbook. But I don't want to sepnd $160 plus tax. I'm a student and need to spend all the cash I have on my textbooks for now. SoI found some macbook batteries on Amazon for $60 which makes me a bit suspicious. Has anyone tried this? Any feedbacks or suggestions on this?

http://www.amazon.ca/Superb-Choice-Battery-Macbook-Rechargeable/dp/B004J70FJ6/re f=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1315579154&sr=8-2

MacBook 2GHz, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 7:45 AM

9 replies

Sep 9, 2011 3:58 PM in response to frederic1943

@frederic1943 -- I just bought a replacement battery from one of the eBay vendors. Things seem to be fine....except that my macbook simply doesn't recognize that there is a battery. Thus, even though the battery is there and (apparently) charged, the macbook immediately goes to sleep if I detach the power cord/magsafe adapter. Any experience like that with any aftermarket batteries? Suggestions for a re-set or re-calibrate?

Thanks!

Sep 9, 2011 5:15 PM in response to frederic1943

Here it is, including the other power info. Definitely showing NO battery whatsoever! Thing is, I can now, after around 5-6 hours of charging of the new battery, unplug the power adapter without the computer going to sleep immediately. So, perhaps the new battery is building up power to the point of at least working. I'm thinking the solution may be to charge overnight and try it all on battery power in the morning. I could run the new battery down at that point and see if the serves as a proper calibration. But, so far, it's not looking very promising.

Battery Information:

Charge Information:

Charge Remaining (mAh): 0

Fully Charged: No

Charging: No

Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 0

Health Information:

Cycle Count: 0

Battery Installed: No

Amperage (mA): 0

Voltage (mV): 0

System Power Settings:

AC Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 180

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Automatic Restart on Power Loss: No

Wake on AC Change: No

Wake on Clamshell Open: Yes

Wake on LAN: No

Current Power Source: Yes

Display Sleep Uses Dim: No

PrioritizeNetworkReachabilityOverSleep: 0

RestartAfterKernelPanic: 157680000

Battery Power:

System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 15

Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10

Wake on AC Change: No

Wake on Clamshell Open: Yes

Display Sleep Uses Dim: Yes

Reduce Brightness: No

RestartAfterKernelPanic: 157680000

Sep 9, 2011 11:02 PM in response to landsharkVA

I'm not sure if this'll help, but I also had to replace a battery with one form Amazon, and although it does recognize the battery and will charge of it, the battery status has been 'service battery' for the past month since i bought it.

(And also, the battery life is next to terrible (about 2 hours Web brousing), but what do you except for $36?)

Sep 10, 2011 10:42 AM in response to cereskit

Cereskit -- That actually does help a bit - at least knowing that about the range of experiences with aftermarket batteries. If this eBay battery would at least work, I wouldn't have a problem with it showing "no batteries available" (or the "service battery" status you are getting). However, it seems that the system just automatically goes to sleep with this aftermarket battery....meaning it is completely useless. Think I'm going back to the eBay seller on this one....and will hope that a replacement might work the second time around!

Macbook battery from Amazon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.