Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set the Startup Disk to Boot Camp via ARD

All,

I typically use ARD and Set Startup Disk to image and reconfigure our lab computers (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2789) via a network image, namely DeployStudio. This works well. Now I want to be able to set it to a local disk to boot into Windows 7 which we have setup with Boot Camp. I get nothing but Failed responses. I am hoping it is a matter of what name or format I need to use.

I have tried:

• BOOTCAMP
  • Windows
  • Windows on BOOTCAMP

None of these work. HELP!

These are iMac 21.5's running 10.6.8. ARD is 3.5.1. Same for clients.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 8:27 AM

1 reply

Nov 6, 2011 1:03 PM in response to CRoth2

have you considered using Send Unix Command to set boot Volume?

For instance if you have "Macintosh HD" and "Boot Camp". And you wanted to set the boot volume to "Boot Camp". You could try sending the unix command, as root:

bless -mount /Volumes/Boot\ Camp -setBoot

After setting this, if you reboot, the computer should boot to the Boot\ Camp volume. But One the computer boots to windows, getting them to boot back to the mac os x is going to be a whole other story.

FYI if your boot camp volume is labeled "Untitled" then you would send the unix command, as root, bless -mount /Volumes/Untitled -setBoot.

How do I set the Startup Disk to Boot Camp via ARD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.