Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in folders turned to multiples of one photo, then disappeared.

I uploaded pictures from my camera. Iphoto said: Upload successful, do you want to delete from camera and I did. I created a couple of folders from those pictures. Then I started clicking on my other folders and discovered that all pictures were replaced by multiples of one of two pictures - all of the pics in all of my albums and folders! I closed iPhoto and when I reopened it all the pictures had disappeared from the folders. I could still find them in Events and Photos part but they were missing from my organized albums and folders. I have back-up and was able to restore everything up till the new upload I just did and deleted from the camera. Can I get those latest pictures back? They're not in "Last Import."

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 11:59 AM

2 replies

Sep 9, 2011 12:21 PM in response to stefsilber

First from now on never have any computer program delete your photos - it is asking for porblems - import and wait for at least one backup cycle aand then use your camera's format command to reformat and erase the card

Since you deleted the photos from the camera unless you have them on the computer somewhere which is now doubtful you will need a file recovery program like Media Recover - http://freshcrop.com/ - recover them - the free trial will tell you what can be recovered - you have to purchae to actualy recover the photos

LN

Photos in folders turned to multiples of one photo, then disappeared.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.