Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost OS X DVD, Replacements?

Hi,

I lost my OS X 10.6 DVD (family pack) the day after I purchased it, and as such, I'm kind of wondering what I can do about this. Essentially, I have the box and everything that came in it except the DVD. Is it possible for me to get a replacement through Apple, or will I need to go out and purchase a new one?

Thanks in advance.

Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 9:22 PM

5 replies

Sep 9, 2011 10:17 PM in response to Joel_B.

Hi,

Unfornately, it isn't possible to get a replacement disk from Apple. You'll need to buy OS X Lion from the Mac App Store.

If you have a problem with your computer and you need to restore its contents to its defaults, you'll probably need to bring it to an Apple Store or another Mac store.

Hope I helped you,

Apps and Hacks

Websites, YouTube Intros, commercials, ...

contact@appsandhacks.com

Feb 20, 2014 8:26 AM in response to Joel_B.

I bought a second hand very cheap 2009 MBP no OSX and used a 10.6 family pack they said that they did not have any original disks but some years after I called again and they said i could order OSX 10.5 I was surprised ,i thought it was sold with 10.6 because I have almost same year MBP that came with 10.6 I got in January 2010 but it is mid 2009.

Lost OS X DVD, Replacements?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.