Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can copy and paste be disabled? This is so annoying.

Both the iPhone and iPad have this annoying copy and paste highlights that appear when you don't need them.

Is there a way to disable Copy and Paste?

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 9:06 AM

There is no way to disable the feature from anything that I have ever seen. If you are getting the option when you think you should not be getting it, try using a very light touch when you are entering the insertion point for text in a text field. Just tap one time as well. If you double tap - the copy and paste feature will pop up when placing the insertion point in a line of text while you are entering text.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2011 9:06 AM in response to Timmyfromcupertino

There is no way to disable the feature from anything that I have ever seen. If you are getting the option when you think you should not be getting it, try using a very light touch when you are entering the insertion point for text in a text field. Just tap one time as well. If you double tap - the copy and paste feature will pop up when placing the insertion point in a line of text while you are entering text.

Jun 6, 2017 8:25 AM in response to Timmyfromcupertino

I have this issue when I read an article on the internet. When attempting to scroll down the copy paste option comes up when I do not want it to. I then can not get rid of it. Maybe it is a practice makes perfect issue? I have not found a way to make the prompt to copy or paste go away. Seems there should be an "ignore" option to get rid of the "copy, paste" option. Maybe my fingers are too big?

A solution would be to have an "ignore" option that pops up with the Copy paste function.

Can copy and paste be disabled? This is so annoying.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.