Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad as ultimate control surface for logic?

Hi folks,

I was just getting acquainted with Logic Pro, and thinking about control surfaces......and this got my thinking about my iPad2. Would this not be the ultimate accessory control surface for Logic (or for Aperture, or a lot of other apps, for that matter)? I'm assuming that no one has written a Universal Control Surface app (yet), but I'm asking just in case.......and if as I fear the answer is "no", then won't one of you clever people please get to work on this ASAP?

Thanks in advance....and could you please try to have the new app finished by tonight? I'd like to use it this evening if possible.

Mike Kaplan

MacBook Pro, Intel Core Duo, 2.33 ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 11:37 AM

It is. I know someone using three iPad 2s for this purpose.

I think Osculator and AC-7 are some really pro apps out there.

I think that is what he is using.

Let me know how you get on.

I also found this page:

http://theappwhisperer.com/2011/02/05/top-10-midi-controller-apps-for-ipad/

F

8 replies

Sep 12, 2011 1:48 PM in response to Mike Kaplan

I have used a few ipad apps to control Logic. I like the look of AC-7, but nothing but nothing can beat Touch OSC for useability. The interface is not as pretty as a few of the others, but latency is virtually (no pun intended) nonexistant, and you can control absolutely everything in Logic. I wouldn't be without it.

Sep 12, 2011 10:17 PM in response to Mike Kaplan

I found another very nice option- it's V-Control, from a developer call Neyrinck. There's a free version and a "pro" version which is decidedly not free ($49.99).....I downloaded the free version, and after I installed something on my macbook pro with Logic, started it up and there were my first 8 faders, all set up and ready to go. The setup was very easy, and it seems pretty stable. (Again, this is the free version). I haven't fully put it through its paces yet, but it's a very promising start. It's available at the App store.

iPad as ultimate control surface for logic?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.