Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i copy my finalized imovie 9 projects onto my wd passport?

How do I copy my finalized imovie '11 projects onto my WD passport?? My Passport is formatted using FAT32 (compatible with both MACs and PCs). Thanks.

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 9:17 AM

2 replies

Sep 10, 2011 10:29 AM in response to danafromgrosse pointe woods

As Klaus says, you can reformat your Passport using Disk Utility.

However, if all you want to do is VIEW, but not EDIT your finalized projects, you can store those on the Passport (as long as they are smaller than 4GB.

To do this, in iMovie, click SHARE/ MOVIE and choose the size you want. Choose the Passport as your destination.

Another hint: If you want to use the copy you finalized, and not have to render again, you can find these copies and copy them to your Passport. Find your iMovie Project. It should have an extension of .RCPROJECT.

Right-click it and select SHOW PACKAGE CONTENTS. In the package, navigate to the MOVIES folder. You will see your finalized movies. You can copy them to your WD, but I would recommend that you also rename them once you copy them.

how do i copy my finalized imovie 9 projects onto my wd passport?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.