Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store and credit card

I have an Apple account. (That's obvious, because I'm here in this forum.) I want to download free applications from the App Store, but I don't want to register my credit card. Likewise, I don't want to create a new account, because that's yet one more complication to my already busy life. But http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534 says that the only way to use the App Store without a credit card is to establish an entirely new Apple account. Surely there is an easier way. Surely I can use my existing Apple account to download free applications. Isn't there?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 4 gig RAM

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 11:31 AM

8 replies

Sep 10, 2011 12:16 PM in response to R_55a

I don't think you are offered a chance to have a "none" payment type once the account is created. Hence that apple ht2534 tech note.

What's wrong with creating another account? Google email accounts are, 'er, "cheap"?

And app store discussions should be discussed in the appropriate apple discussions forum. You should ask your question in the Mac App Store community forum.

App Store and credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.