Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes crashes when I sync videos

I took some videos on my iPhone 4 on holiday. I copied them to my pc to upload more easily. Now when i try to sync them back to iTunes, iTunes crashes. It only happens when I sync with videos. If I sync with them unchecked, everything works fine.

I've seen other posts on this but still cannot find a resolution. I've tried using Windows 7 and XP for this but the result is the same - no luck. I've also tried uploading videos from my iPod Nano but just the same

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 1:17 PM

1 reply

Sep 13, 2011 11:25 AM in response to keithfromdudley

OK. Sorted this despte a call from tech support at Apple.

It's the latest version of iTunes, 10.4. that is at the heart of the problem from what I have learned.

I uninstalled iTunes completely. Then a file called ituneslibrary.itb has to be renamed as .bak (if you don't do this, the earlier version of iTunes will not install. Use 'search' to locate it).

Find the earlier version from somewhere like oldapps. com. Download and instal iTunes 10.3

Sorted! (Well it's worked for both my wife's and my computers)

Hope this is of some use

iTunes crashes when I sync videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.