Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPad with new computer; old computer synced with other iPod.

I recently ordered an iPad 2 from the online Apple Store. As I was waiting for it to get here, my MacBook crashed. So, when it got here, I was forced to sync it to my mom's Dell. That computer is currently synced with her iPod and has lots of her songs and videos on it. By the time we could restore my MacBook, I already had a bunch of stuff on my iPad. That includes apps, pictures, notes, app data from apps like GarageBand and iMockups and Pages, etc. My question is how to connect my iPad to my MacBook and have it completely synced with that without losing ANYTHING. Keep in mind that I cannot really sync it to the Dell because it is synced with my mom's library.

Thanks in Advance!

Adamb14113

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 8:19 PM

Adamb14113 wrote:

I recently ordered an iPad 2 from the online Apple Store. As I was waiting for it to get here, my MacBook crashed. So, when it got here, I was forced to sync it to my mom's Dell.

Wow... forced to sync it with your mom's Dell. Did someone hold you at gunpoint and force you to do this or did you actually do it because you just had to get that brand new iPad up and running? If you were forced to commit this act why didn't you report it to the police???? Surely that must be a violation of some law! What a heinous act indeed!

😉

OK, OK, OK I am just having a little fun at your expense and I do apologize. I am really here to help. If you read this thread all the way through, I think you should have all the information that you need to accomplish what you want to accomplish!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3305461?answerId=16133818022#16133818022

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 10, 2011 8:19 PM in response to Adamb14113

Adamb14113 wrote:

I recently ordered an iPad 2 from the online Apple Store. As I was waiting for it to get here, my MacBook crashed. So, when it got here, I was forced to sync it to my mom's Dell.

Wow... forced to sync it with your mom's Dell. Did someone hold you at gunpoint and force you to do this or did you actually do it because you just had to get that brand new iPad up and running? If you were forced to commit this act why didn't you report it to the police???? Surely that must be a violation of some law! What a heinous act indeed!

😉

OK, OK, OK I am just having a little fun at your expense and I do apologize. I am really here to help. If you read this thread all the way through, I think you should have all the information that you need to accomplish what you want to accomplish!

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3305461?answerId=16133818022#16133818022

Sync iPad with new computer; old computer synced with other iPod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.