Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb video not playing online: quicktime logo only

Hi there -

I"m relatively new to iWeb, so this is a pretty novice question: i've added a video from iMovie to my page, published successfully, but all that shows on the page is:

User uploaded file

Originally, I had dropped the video into a standard (read: non-movie template) page & thought that might be the problem, but I have since posted using the template movie page & it still doesn't paly (indeed, it doesn't even show the post frame). The video is set to play automatically and loop and is only 10s long at the moment.

Initiation into the mysteries of iWeb and movies would be much appreciated!

All the best,

Rax

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Mem: 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (sigh)

Posted on Sep 11, 2011 5:37 AM

13 replies

Sep 11, 2011 6:39 AM in response to Rasuul

I can't get the QuickTime file to load. I suspect it's because of the Arabic characters in the file name.

The file name becomes part of the URL and looks like this when "translated" for Web use:

Media/Language%20s%CC%8C%CC%87%E2%84%98%CE%B1%D1%8Fk%CC%81s%CC%8C%CC%87%201%20-% 20Teachers%20Intro-large.m4v

Change the file name to something simple, edit the page in iWeb and publish the page again.

Sep 11, 2011 8:01 AM in response to Rasuul

Solved the issue: the problem seems to have been the movie format. I was using the "shared" version produced by iMovie (i.e. media browser) and the "export movie . . .". Neither of these worked with the website.

However, exporting using QuickTime did produce a video that worked.

QuickTimeKirk: thank you for your patient help!

Best,

RAx

iWeb video not playing online: quicktime logo only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.