6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2011 5:10 AM by Mark905
Mark905 Level 1 Level 1

I am trying to change my desktop image. But, when I go to system preferences and click on "desktop images and screen saver", the pinwheel will not stop spinning.  I cn only force quit system preferences.

I have shut down the computer and restarted a number of times, but the same thing happens.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)
Solved by ingkorth on Sep 18, 2011 12:57 AM Solved

Same problem.

I realized that the cause was the iPhoto library folder because I removed the folder (you can only rename it for a test) and the system preferences now is ok.

I don't use iPhoto but I made some test so I think probably there were some corrupted file in the iPhoto's library folder.

I hope this can help you.

Bye

• quicksilver8 Level 2 Level 2

Open System Preferences. Then, click and keep holding down with mouse on Show All. Panel opens with all of panels checked, and you can check/uncheck that you want.

• Mark905 Level 1 Level 1

Thank you. I just learned something new but that was not my problem.

I would like to change my desktop image but, whenI open "desktop images and screen saver" in System Preferences, I cannot choose an in=mage because the Mac pinwheel is spinning and will not stop.  I then have to force quit preferences

Perhaps something is corrupted. 

• quicksilver8 Level 2 Level 2

Go to->Library->Desktop Pictures, and drag out all of content, and retry. If, this time, you can access, this means that some of pictures are corrupted. You can swap all of content with other pictures of your own.

We're getting closer.  I dragged the content out of the desktop pictures folder but the problem was not the Apple images.  It is my own photoo.  there is also a heading called FOLDER.  In that is the pIctures folder.  It must be in that but I do not know how to remove this folder from this specific system preference.  I know where the pictures folder lives on my computer but this is specific to the preference "

"desktop images and screen saver"

• ingkorth Level 1 Level 1

Same problem.

I realized that the cause was the iPhoto library folder because I removed the folder (you can only rename it for a test) and the system preferences now is ok.

I don't use iPhoto but I made some test so I think probably there were some corrupted file in the iPhoto's library folder.

I hope this can help you.

Bye

very helpful

thank you

cheers