Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Preferences, "Desktop Images and Screen Saver" will not load

I am trying to change my desktop image. But, when I go to system preferences and click on "desktop images and screen saver", the pinwheel will not stop spinning. I cn only force quit system preferences.

I have shut down the computer and restarted a number of times, but the same thing happens.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Sep 11, 2011 8:23 AM

6 replies

Sep 11, 2011 11:03 AM in response to quicksilver8

Thank you. I just learned something new but that was not my problem.

I would like to change my desktop image but, whenI open "desktop images and screen saver" in System Preferences, I cannot choose an in=mage because the Mac pinwheel is spinning and will not stop. I then have to force quit preferences

Perhaps something is corrupted.

Sep 11, 2011 11:42 AM in response to quicksilver8

We're getting closer. I dragged the content out of the desktop pictures folder but the problem was not the Apple images. It is my own photoo. there is also a heading called FOLDER. In that is the pIctures folder. It must be in that but I do not know how to remove this folder from this specific system preference. I know where the pictures folder lives on my computer but this is specific to the preference "

"desktop images and screen saver"

In Preferences, "Desktop Images and Screen Saver" will not load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.