Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Album - below sea level

I have been using my new Panasonic FT3 underwater in the Galapagos. I would like to create a smart album of only underwater photos. The altitude of these photos would be zero feet/metres or below and are showing as such in the EXIF info. Could I create a rule to find only photos at zero or below altitude?

Thanks

Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Sep 11, 2011 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2011 9:39 AM

Sure first you need to have the altitude data appear in the filter HUD if its not already listed (by default it is not shown).

To do that go to the metadata tab of the inspector, click the metadata display pulldown and go the last entry Edit.

In the window that opens select EXIF in the metadata fields column, select EXIF and put a check mark next to Altitude. Click OK.

Now when you open the filter HUD select Add Rule EXIF and in the EXIF pulldown select Altitude. Fill in the value you want and that should filter the images to that value.

good luck

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2011 9:39 AM in response to cringeruk

Sure first you need to have the altitude data appear in the filter HUD if its not already listed (by default it is not shown).

To do that go to the metadata tab of the inspector, click the metadata display pulldown and go the last entry Edit.

In the window that opens select EXIF in the metadata fields column, select EXIF and put a check mark next to Altitude. Click OK.

Now when you open the filter HUD select Add Rule EXIF and in the EXIF pulldown select Altitude. Fill in the value you want and that should filter the images to that value.

good luck

Sep 11, 2011 9:56 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Hi Frank. Ordered your cake for your big 5K party yet? 😀

Frank Caggiano wrote:

Is that step necessary? If so, then I suggest creating a new Metadata Preset called "All Everything" and checking every metadata field. (I did this a long time ago, and so can't tell {without work -- 😉} whether or not a metadata field has to be present in one Metadata Preset in order to show in the Filter Rule.

Sep 11, 2011 10:08 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Sure gonna have dancing apples pop out of it and everything, you should come 😝

Anyway that seems to be needed. When I first tried it here altitude wasn't in the EXIF section of the filter HUD. Once I checked it in the meatadata view it showed up.

Your suggestion is a good one I have done that myself. The reason I caught it here was I was on a laptop which I usually don't use for Aperture all that much.

Smart Album - below sea level

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.