Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sequential auto-paly of videos on iWeb?

I'd like to have a couple 5min videos play on my site, one after another so that the user loads the page: the video starts right away & the next one loads and plays right away, as well.

Is it possible to get this functionality with iWeb?

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

RAx

Posted on Sep 11, 2011 11:29 AM

8 replies

Sep 11, 2011 11:59 AM in response to Rasuul

Using an xml playlist you can arrange the files to play sequentially, loop, autoplay and random play.

The one shown on this page is actually a movie player converted to audio. Making the video version is just the same ...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/Website-Music-Players/XML-Playlist.html

You can see that the Beelden and Modieus skins actually show a thumbnail of the poster image in the playlist if required.

There's an example of the old style JW playlist on this page...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/Website-Movie-Video/Movie-Jukebox.html

"I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link."

Sep 11, 2011 1:38 PM in response to Wyodor

@Wyodor

Well, that is exactly what I'm looking to do, but that is far, far, far beyond my knowledge: even with the scripts, I woudln't know where to begin.

However, I will file them away & hope to one day be able to read them, so thank you very much for the response & sharing the work you did.

All the best,

Rax

ps. Wonderful selection of videos: who's the Arabic singer? & where did you find all these things? Mezmorizingly eclectic!

Sep 19, 2011 6:56 AM in response to Rasuul

In case anyone else stumbles upon this post, out of interest: From the "YouTube Embeded Player Parameters" page: In short, you just append "&loop=1" to the end of the url & you get the desired feature (if the video is in a playlist, as mentioned).

loop
Values:
or
. Default is
. In the case of a single video player, a setting of
will cause the player to play the initial video again and again. In the case of a playlist player (or custom player), the player will play the entire playlist and then start again at the first video.

Note: This parameter has limited support in the AS3 player and in IFrame embeds, which could load either the AS3 or HTML5 player. Currently, the
loop
parameter only works in the AS3 player when used in conjunction with the
playlist
parameter. To loop a single video, set the
loop
parameter value to
and set the
playlist
parameter value to the same video ID already specified in the Player API URL:

http://www.youtube.com/v/VIDEO_ID?version=3&loop=1&playlist=VIDEO_ID

The page has a host of other embedding parameters that actually offers a great deal of control over the appearance of your video (not to mention a much easier means of getting subsequent video play).

Definitely worth checking out, no coding knowledge necessary - very straight forward.

Cheers,

Rax

Sequential auto-paly of videos on iWeb?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.