Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No HD Content to Buy in Canada?

Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems like all the HD content to purchase has disappeared from the Canadian iTunes store. There is still HD content to rent, but all the 'buy' links seem to be only SD.

Even on the "Top Movies" screen, the "All HD" button is gone from the top row.

So, am I crazy or has something happened behind the scenes with HD content... perhaps a studio liscensing issue? I know that Canadian media laws present a whole other set of issues when it comes to content.

Thanks

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 6:22 AM

3 replies

Sep 12, 2011 9:41 AM in response to vazandrew

I have the 1st generation. However, I didn't realize you can't buy movies on the 2nd generation so perhaps the store is reflecting that fact despite mine still being technically capable?

If I go to iTunes on my MAC, you're right and I see the HD purchases there. It used to be that you couldn't buy HD on your desktop and could only buy HD on the AppleTV (which is why I didn't bother to check). Does this mean the purchase model has switched and now you can only buy HD on the desktop?

All that said... the HD selection is still weak. What's frustating to me is knowing a movie was available to buy in HD when it was first released, but now it's only in SD to buy. I feel like that if I don't check the new releases constantly, I'll miss my opportunity at the HD version 😟

No HD Content to Buy in Canada?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.