Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX Lion 10.7.1 - Can´t remove Dashboard Widgets

Hi Community!

Since the upgrade from SnowLeopard to Lion, removed Widgets are automatically coming back again... 😉

As example: the CI Filter Browser Widget, or Third-Party Widgets like "Delicious Library 2" Widget.

I removed the Widget from my Dashboard, I also tried to disable the Widget over the Widget Management.

But nothing helps.

At the first time, the Widget was closed... But after some time (10-30 min) the Widget restores automatically.

Has anyone an idea??

Thanks, Jo!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1), MBP13 (Mid 2010)

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 8:25 AM

8 replies

Jan 14, 2012 8:55 PM in response to jostrasser

I see that you have little check boxes on each of your widgets. I can't remove my widgets b/c there are no boxes to check. I have 2 of everything (2 clocks, 2 weathers, 2 calculators, etc.), but there is nowhere I can uncheck them to remove 1 set. I see Dashboard in my Applications, but I can't access anything or find a menu where I can "manage Dashboard". When I click on Dashboard on my dock, it opens up transparently over whatever application I'm in (Safari, Mail, iCal, Word, etc.), but there's no way I can tell Dashboard to do anything, as all I can do is to look at it. Any ideas? Thx.

Jan 14, 2012 10:00 PM in response to jostrasser

If indeed these are third party widgets giving you trouble, try checking System Prefs/Users and Groups/Login Items. Maybe something there?

Next, I would check or create another user account and see if same behavior is exhibited there. If not, then something is going on in your user account, possibly, some third party app or widget.

Third party widgets are stored in your home Library/Widget folder in case you wish to remove it forever.

RM

Jan 15, 2012 12:57 PM in response to Dick M

Thx for your response. I don't have any third party widgets. Also, I just figured out to get to "manage Dashboard". I found the X on the bottom of the left hand corner of the screen. When I clicked on that, I got the selection of widgets, plus the "manage Dashboard" and the "x's" on each of the widgets already on Dashboard. I was able to remove the duplicate widgets I had on Dashboard by clicking on each x. Thanks, again.

OSX Lion 10.7.1 - Can´t remove Dashboard Widgets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.