Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

yahoo mail does not work

I just bought an ipad 2, entered my yahoo mail settings, and it connected fine, but when I open the mail icon, I just get a white screen. ?

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 3:19 PM

8 replies

Sep 12, 2011 3:38 PM in response to Demo

I got it to go past the white screen when I added gmail and then added the yahoo.

Now the issue is that yahoo is not synching correctly. It says there is one new message , even though I have no new messages when I check on my computer or on the iphone.

The real question is, why am I bothering to use anything yahoo makes in the first place.....

Sep 12, 2011 3:54 PM in response to ericward6547

"The real question is, why am I bothering to use anything yahoo makes in the first place....." LMAO

Did you try the reset? That really helps solve a lot of little issues. If it turns out to be that much of a PIA dump the account of off the iPad.

You could also try a simple restart. Hold the sleep button until the red slider appears and slide to shut down. Hold the sleep button until the Apple logo appears and let go of the button. You never know, restarting might help.

You can also try quitting the mail app, restart and try it again. Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Quit the app by double tapping the home button and the task bar will appear with all of you recent/open apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on the mail app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus (-) sign in the upper left corner to close the app. Restart the iPad and try the account again.

yahoo mail does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.