Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Extreme shows connected but won't load browser pages

Hi. I just removed my AX from storage for over a year. Before that it was connected to this very same laptop, and connected with no problem. I have changed regions of the country, and in a new time zone. I don't remember the password to the router, but it is already checked off in the network list and the airport signal strength is excellent.

I've contacted the cable company for support, and they don't show my router listed but the Internet is fine. I've gone through Airport Utility and it shows the Airport connected and showing no issues.

I'm using a MacBook Pro and older AX from 2007. All the lights are working and everything appears fine. The AX even shows working in Network Preferences with an IP address given.

Any help is appreciated.

MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.5.7), 111 GB, 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SD RAM

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 8:11 PM

When changing ISPs (or networking equipment) it's always a good idea to start from "scratch" in configuring your equipment.

I would recommend that you do the following as a minimum:

• Power-down the modem, AirPort base station, and computer(s).
  • While all of the devices are powered-down, perform a "factory default" reset on the base station. This will get it back to its "out-of-the-box" configuration and make setting it up much easier, especially if you use the "Assist me" process within the AirPort Utility. (ref: Resetting an AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule)
  • After the base station resets, go ahead and power it back down.
  • Power-up the modem; wait at least 10-15 minutes.
  • Power-up the base station; wait at least 5-10 minutes.
  • Power-up your computer(s).

In this basic configuration, computers connected to the base station, either by wire or wireless (as appropriate for the base station type), should now be able to access the Internet through the ISP's modem. Once Internet connectivity has been verified, you can use the AirPort Utility to configure the base station for wireless security and any other desired options.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2011 8:11 PM in response to Todd M.

When changing ISPs (or networking equipment) it's always a good idea to start from "scratch" in configuring your equipment.

I would recommend that you do the following as a minimum:

• Power-down the modem, AirPort base station, and computer(s).
  • While all of the devices are powered-down, perform a "factory default" reset on the base station. This will get it back to its "out-of-the-box" configuration and make setting it up much easier, especially if you use the "Assist me" process within the AirPort Utility. (ref: Resetting an AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule)
  • After the base station resets, go ahead and power it back down.
  • Power-up the modem; wait at least 10-15 minutes.
  • Power-up the base station; wait at least 5-10 minutes.
  • Power-up your computer(s).

In this basic configuration, computers connected to the base station, either by wire or wireless (as appropriate for the base station type), should now be able to access the Internet through the ISP's modem. Once Internet connectivity has been verified, you can use the AirPort Utility to configure the base station for wireless security and any other desired options.

Airport Extreme shows connected but won't load browser pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.