Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail.app / Sent Messages stored locally not on server (even when checked to do so)

Hi, I'm using maill app on Lion server with an IMAP account. I have checked to store sent messages on the server. Whenever I sent a message it's stored in the sent folder (the one you can see right from the top). But the messages are not stored in the server's "sent messages" folder. This box can be seen at the bottom of mail.app

I always have to hand-move them to the "sent message" folder.

Has anyone a good tipp for me what to check to avoid local storage of sent messages?

MacPro late 2008 & xserve early 2009, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 6:32 PM

Log into webmail using that account's credentials, go to the folders tab, special folders, and make sure that the particular "sent" folder you want to use is associated with Sent email.

Resync your account, and hopefully it should work.

5 replies

Sep 15, 2011 12:14 AM in response to marsb007

Ok, this brings me a step further. So, on the web mail page I see:

Inbox (964)

Deleted Messages (leeren)

Drafts

Sent Messages

Apple Mail To Do

Notes

SENT

Trash

So, my mail.app on my local OSX serve is using "SENT", my mail.app on my MBP is using "Sent Messages".

I didn't find a way how I can tell mail.app, which folder to use on the IMAP server to store sent messages in. Is there a way to configure this?

Mail.app / Sent Messages stored locally not on server (even when checked to do so)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.