Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail 3.6 - Repair function?

Team - Hope someone can help.

I am using Mac Mail 3.6 (936) - attempting to download messages from a POP server - it begins and will download 2 maybe 3 messages but wont go any further - the spinner icon next to the mail server keeps spinning, there is no network activity. I have network activity away from mail. I have tried deleting cache's, deleting envelope index files and the LSMMap files - all to no evail. If i log onto a different profile on the Mac Book Pro and setup the same pop server it works fine. I have tried removing and re-adding the same pop server a number of times, no working. in the same profile, i setup thunderbird and it worked first go.

I have added servers to other POP servers and it is doing the same thing.

I have managed emails on the webmail for the POP server so there is only 1 or 2 messages - it will download them, but will just keep spinning that pesky icon 🙂

Is there a repair utility for Mac Mail? i have re-building the email box - nothing.

Any help would be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks

Chris B

Mac Mail 3.6-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Mac Mail 3.6 (936)

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 3:41 AM

1 reply

Mac Mail 3.6 - Repair function?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.