Skip navigation

Disk burning?

233 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2012 9:02 AM by Roger2 RSS
Roger2 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 13, 2011 4:28 PM

I've noticed that since the Apple Store had to replace my disc reader-burner that iMovie won't burn to DVD+R anymore. It still burns alright to DVD-R ok. Is there any system settings I can adjust to fix this? Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
  • eww Level 9 Level 9 (52,975 points)
    Sep 13, 2011 5:19 PM (in response to Roger2)

Try a different brand of DVD+R media. The new drive may not be the same model as the original, and it may prefer different discs.

• eww Level 9 Level 9 (52,975 points)
    Sep 16, 2011 5:23 AM (in response to Roger2)

It has nothing to do with Macintosh. It has to do with the drive alone, which Apple does not make. The finickiness of optical drives is one of the reasons they're soon going to disappear from most personal computers, and already have been eliminated from some Mac models.

But go ahead and test with some other brands of discs. I could be wrong about what the issue is in your case, but you won't know until you do some testing.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.