Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mount a volume manually after eject

Besides disk Utilities and Turning the drive on and off (as I have 1 partion left mounted) Is there a way to remount the volume I just ejected conviently? Also can I hide some of the partition volumes (like the boot partition) off the desktop while leaving another volume on the same external drive shown on the desktop.

ImacG5 (3.0) 2Ghz 2Gb, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Geektools/Mailtags/Quicksilver

Posted on Sep 13, 2011 8:02 PM

1 reply

Sep 13, 2011 8:13 PM in response to petesweaty

you can mount a volume manually through unix.

diskutil mount 'volume name'

You can run that from the command line in terminal, but I usually put this in an applescript do shell script and run it from the script menu, like follows:

set volumeList to {"volume 1", "volume 2", "volume 3"}

set theChoices to choose from listvolumeList with multiple selections allowed

repeat with thisVolume in theChoices

do shell script "diskutil mount " & quoted form of thisVolume

end repeat

As far as showing mounted volumes on the desktop: Finder preferences has separate checkboxes for hard drives and external drives, if you want more fine-grained control than that you'll have to start paling with the visibility of the items, which is not something I know about off hand.

Mount a volume manually after eject

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.