Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Hinges

I have a 2008 Air. For no apparent reason the hinge has broken. I found the service notice on the Apple website that Apple would replace the hinge for free. I printed that notice off and took it and my laptop to The Mac Store and they sent it to Apple. About a week later I got my computer back with the hinge still broken and was told that it had been rejected. I am REALLY ******. My family currently has two MacBook Pros, a MacBook, a MacBook Air, two iPods and a iPad2 - we are LOYAL Apple customers. I looked at the website to try to figure out how to write a letter to Apple and found it IMPOSSIBLE to figure out. You can't even send an email if your computer is out of warranty!!! Does anyone know how to contact Apple or what I should do?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.1), MacBook Air Hinges

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 12:15 AM

2 replies

Sep 14, 2011 1:05 PM in response to jamespdx

Hi James,

Sorry to hear of your frustration. Regrettably the "loyalty" angle won't get you on traction. Truth be told, that honestly isn't even that much stuff, heck I've bought more than that in this past quarter alone and I don't get any special favors from Apple.

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Took me 17 seconds to find via Google. I understand you're upset, you're justified. But "going after" Apple isn't going to suddenly turn a wrong into a right. From my experience, having had hinge repairs rejected, there's always a justification given on why it was rejected. Not that it was just rejected. Call AppleCare, consult with the service center that handled the diagnosis and try to determine why it was rejected.

MacBook Air Hinges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.