Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 5.1 in Windows Vista doesn't recognise mouse scroll wheel

Hi there

Does anyone know why Safari 5.1 for Windows won't respond to any scroll-wheel actions under Microsoft Windows Vista? it doesn't seem to matter which website I'm on. The scroll wheel works just fine on the same websites in different browsers.

Thanks

Andrew

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 10:41 AM

2 replies

Nov 30, 2011 9:24 PM in response to adc123

I'm a professional software tester ... so listen up Apple.

This is a software bug in Safari. It started when I upgraded. I'm now running 5.1.1 (7534.51.22).

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (up to date) and the mouse scroll wheel works fine on all applications except Safari. For Safari, you can get the browser to scroll if you spin the mouse wheel really fast. Normal wheel movement is ignored.

The severity level of this bug is that I'm about ready to ditch Safari.

Please fix immediately.

Thank you.

Jan 12, 2012 10:36 AM in response to adc123

I am having the same problem since updating and I am using Windows Vista. I really like the Safari browser but if they can not fix this I continue to use the other browsers since they have no problem with scrolling. You would think they would have already fixed this by now since its been doing this for months now.

Safari 5.1 in Windows Vista doesn't recognise mouse scroll wheel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.