Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

image capture does not recognize iphone

As of about a week ago, Image Capture no longer recognizes my iphone (iph4, OS X 10.6.8).

Rebooting iphone does nothing to help.

Any tips?

thanks,

Tom

Macbook pro, iMac, iPhone, iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 12:28 PM

7 replies

Sep 17, 2011 11:41 AM in response to Thomas O'Connell

I wish it was as simple as rebooting. I was on the phone with Apple Support for more than 3 hrs today and we were not able to resolve the problem (yet).

Approx 2 weeks ago iPhoto, Aperture and Image Capture all stopped recognizing my iPhone. Oddly, iTunes has no problem recognizing the iPhone. Here are just a few of the things we tried but didn't get the apps to see the iPhone again:

- Removed and deleted all photos on camera roll using a windows machine

- Removed all other photos synced between my iMac and iPhone

- Made sure an image existed on the camera roll

- Recorded some video on iPhone and then tried to get iMovie to recognize device

- Restored (gulp) the device followed by a restore from back-up

- Restored again (double gulp) but this time to factory settings and kept the device as a "new iPhone"

- Logged on as different users

and on and on.

Also, after noting that my machine refused to send a systems report to my Sr Advisor at Apple, he suggests we re-install Lion (ack). But when we went to access the Recovery Partition we realized it wasn't there.

So now I wait for Lion to arrive on one of those nifty Apple thumb drives for me to try re-installing ;-(

The following screen grab show my iPhone in iTunes but not recognized by Image Capture. URGH!

User uploaded file

image capture does not recognize iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.