Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Colors

Hello,

I noticed on the on the website:

http://www.apple.com/icloud/features/contacts-calendar-mail.html

There is pictures of the calendar app with different colors for seperate appointments.

I only own PCs with Outlook 2010 (Office 2010 Ultimate).

I also have my outlook synced with Google calendar.

In outlook & google calendars, you can assign different colors, how do I do that on the ipad/iphone?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3, I also have an Iphone 4, 4.3.3

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 7:21 PM

You can't. The iCal app in the iPad will assign the colors by itself in a certain order. Lots of folks have complained about not being able to choose colors yourself.

5 replies

Sep 14, 2011 7:26 PM in response to rvicente80

When you create the event in the calendar app, in the Add Event window, scroll down to the calendar that you want to use and the event that you create in that particular calendar will be assigned the color associated with that calendar. The iPad assigns different colors for each calendar that you are using, you just can't create a custom color - at least as far as I know.

Sep 14, 2011 7:32 PM in response to Demo

I do not want to create multiple calendars.

All I want is to to assign different colors to different appointments to one calendar for example:

work day shift = green, night shift = blue, meetings = red, weddings = yellow, etc.

When I had my old blackberry, all the categories in outlook transfered over to blackberry. Iphone/ipad doesn't do it.

Calendar Colors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.