Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sequencs settings for hi-res photos ?

I have hi-res photos each is a different size. some are very large, 6000x3798, others not so large, 1920x1278. My client wants HD 1920x1080. what should my sequence settings be so as not to get something that looks anamorphic yet contain all the information in the photo?

Thanks in advanced.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2011 7:09 PM

First make sure all images are in RGB Color Mode - not Grayscale, Indexed or CMYK. Note the 'color mode' isn't the same thing as 'color profile.'

FCP's resolution limit is 4000 pixels so you definitely want to keep images smaller than that. Since your Sequence settings are for 1080, it would be best to limit the image's sizes to just what you need for those settings. i.e.; if you don't plan to zoom in on any of the images, then too many pixels more than 1920x1080 would be a waste. If you plan to zoom in or pan across, then you may want to double the resolution of your Sequence.

As for containing all of the information on the photo, be aware that still images seldom have the same aspect ratio or orientation as video. So if you have a vertically oriented photo and want to show it all from top to bottom, there will be black on each side once in an FCP Sequence.

-DH

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 14, 2011 7:09 PM in response to 30framesasecond

First make sure all images are in RGB Color Mode - not Grayscale, Indexed or CMYK. Note the 'color mode' isn't the same thing as 'color profile.'

FCP's resolution limit is 4000 pixels so you definitely want to keep images smaller than that. Since your Sequence settings are for 1080, it would be best to limit the image's sizes to just what you need for those settings. i.e.; if you don't plan to zoom in on any of the images, then too many pixels more than 1920x1080 would be a waste. If you plan to zoom in or pan across, then you may want to double the resolution of your Sequence.

As for containing all of the information on the photo, be aware that still images seldom have the same aspect ratio or orientation as video. So if you have a vertically oriented photo and want to show it all from top to bottom, there will be black on each side once in an FCP Sequence.

-DH

sequencs settings for hi-res photos ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.