Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 3gs keeps rebooting with what apple logo. try restoring keeps getting error 1611

My iphone 3gs keeps rebooting to white apple logo. When I try to restore it then I keep getting error 1611. could this iphone have the defective SamSung Flask memory?

iPhone 3GS, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 8:56 AM

4 replies

Sep 15, 2011 9:13 AM in response to timothyfromsan jose

You might check out this KB http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275

It contains the following section:

Error 1611: This error may indicate a hardware issue with your device. Follow the steps in this article. Also attempt to restore while connected with a known-good 30-pin Dock Connector cable, computer, and network to isolate this issue to the device. The MAC address being missing or the IMEI being the default value (00 499901 064000 0) can also confirm a hardware issue. Out-of-date or incorrectly configured proxy or security software, such as FoxyProxy, can cause error 1611.

My iphone 3gs keeps rebooting with what apple logo. try restoring keeps getting error 1611

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.