Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion and Quicken

I am sure you all have been over this issuse again and again,and I am sorry for a repeat. Has anyone figured out how to get quicken 2007 files into quicken essitensals, or someway to manualy change the qdfm file to qdfx, or any other program that will open the qdfm files? I updated to Lion the day it came out without realizing that quicken 2007 would not be supported.I have even spoken to a apple tech on the phone to find out how to switch back to snow leopard, he did not know, nor will my original install disk allow me to. Any ideas will be greating appericated.

Thanks

Cheri

Lion-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.1), question about quicken

Posted on Sep 15, 2011 11:40 AM

7 replies

Sep 15, 2011 1:10 PM in response to cheri1216

I did some reaserch on the issue, and here's what another bank software company said about qdfm:

QDFM is a proprietary file format used by quicken that cannot be opened by other applications. You must first open your QDFM file in quicken and export it to a QIF file. This QIF file can then be imported.

So it would appear that there isn't a good solution for you other than to revert to Snow Leopard, or install Snow Leopard on an external hard drive so you can run your Mac from SL long enough to install Quicken and export the data to QIF.

Regards.

Mar 5, 2012 8:21 PM in response to varjak paw

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/help/lion-compatible-quicken-for-mac-2007/GEN8 3769.html

Lion Compatible Quicken for Mac 2007

Updated: 1/24/2012 | Article ID: GEN83769

What is Lion Compatible Quicken for Mac 2007?

Lion Compatible Quicken for Mac 2007 is a re-engineered version of Quicken for Mac 2007 that will work on OSX 10.7 Lion.

How will this affect me if I choose Lion Compatible Quicken for Mac 2007?

If you are migrating your data file from Quicken 2005, 2006 or 2007 for Mac that was installed on a Mac running OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or earlier, you will be able to simply open your existing data file in Lion Compatible Quicken for Mac 2007.

If you are currently running Quicken Essentials for Mac on OSX 10.7 Lion, and have previously converted from Quicken 2005, 2006 or 2007 for Mac, you will be able to migrate your Quicken Essentials transaction data to Lion Compatible Quicken for Mac 2007.

When will Lion Compatible Quicken for Mac 2007 be available and how do I get it?

Lion Compatible Quicken for Mac 2007 will be available soon. Please click here to be notified when more information becomes available.

Lion and Quicken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.