Skip navigation

add sheet name to header

681 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2011 4:45 PM by Jerrold Green1 RSS
bediddleby Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 15, 2011 3:09 PM

I can find how to do this in the manual or anywhere else so far - and I can't believe it can't be done!  So... how do I add the sheet name to the header row? I have multiple sheets and when I print, the sheet name is not displayed anywhere. Is there a 'toggle' somewhere, or something I can add to each sheet to get it to display? Thanks for any help.

• Jerrold Green1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,215 points)
    Sep 15, 2011 3:31 PM (in response to bediddleby)

You have at least two options here.

You can Select the Table and click the Name checkbox in the Format Bar or the Table Inspector. The name will appear just above the table.

You can Copy the Table name in the Sheets Pane and Paste it into your Header.

Jerry

• Jerrold Green1 Level 7 Level 7 (28,215 points)
    Sep 15, 2011 4:45 PM (in response to bediddleby)

I'm sorry, you did say sheet, but I thought you might have meant table. We try to interpret requests from former Excel users when possible, and that's a common confusion.

We don't speculate or judge here. We just try to help.

So, you're down to one option - Copy and Paste. It may take you a few seconds to do that.

Jerry

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.