Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to adjust volume within a single track?

I have recently purchased Logic Express 9 as I moved from a PC to MAC.If i record a single track, such as vocals, is there any way I can adjust the volume level at different places on that single track? I was able to do this very easily in Acid Pro. All I see in Logic is the ability to increase or decrease the track volume as a whole. Thanks!

Logic Express 9-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 9:50 AM

5 replies

Sep 16, 2011 3:02 PM in response to JDEinSC

Yes you can. Click on the "Automation" icon at the top. That will expand your track and show you a horizontal line that runs from left to right. Click on the line and a point appears. It should show 0.0 which means that you are currently at 0 db. click on the line at another point. Then move the second point down or up to decrease or increase the volume. You can also "automate" panning like this. Clicking back ont he Automation icon hides this information.

Sep 21, 2011 10:06 AM in response to JDEinSC

To add to the tips… Make your right tool the marquee tool in Logic. Now when you are in the vocal track and in automation mode, hold Command and you'll get the Marquee tool. Drag a box around the phrase you want to adjust, release command (returning to the pointer) and click on the selection. Now you'll have 4 nodes or handles. Drag the automation line up and down to taste. I manually "compress" all my vocal tracks with an automation pass using this trick. User uploaded file

How to adjust volume within a single track?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.