Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes".

I have performed a restore on my iphone 4 but I am getting a message saying "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes".

I have tried to restore again but it will not work. I have tried on 2 Windows PC's and also tried to re-boot the PCs but it still doesnt work.

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 10:50 AM

4 replies

Nov 14, 2011 12:38 AM in response to LarissaAndrade

Hi

After trying several times I had to give up with the restoration as it wasn't working. I made an appointment at my local Apple store and took the phone into them.

It turned out to be a hardware problem that they couldn't fix so I had to buy a replacement phone as I didn't buy the extended warranty when buying the original phone in 2010.

"iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.