Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Command to turn on ARD Menu Extra?

I use Netboot and builds to deploy machines, But one of the settings I can't get set right when a new user logs onto a machine is the ARD Menu Extra to be on..

I know there must be a simple command I can 'push' to turn on the ARD Menu Extra that i'm not finding. I want users to know if i (being the lone Administrator for about 80 Macs) am logged onto their machine.

Thanks!

3G Quad-caore Intel, 3G RAM 30-in. Monitor, Mac OS X (10.6.6), IT Manager for an Ad Agency

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2011 2:02 PM

Hi

Assuming I've understood you correctly:

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/k ickstart -configure -clientopts -setmenuextra -menuextra yes

You should get feedback on the screen looking something like this:

Starting...

Set the client options.

Done.

Terminal should then return you to the bash prompt. To disable the option:

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/k ickstart -configure -clientopts -setmenuextra -menuextra no

The kickstart manual is here:

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/k ickstart -help

The commands should all be on one line.

HTH?

Tony

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 16, 2011 2:02 PM in response to Robman

Hi

Assuming I've understood you correctly:

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/k ickstart -configure -clientopts -setmenuextra -menuextra yes

You should get feedback on the screen looking something like this:

Starting...

Set the client options.

Done.

Terminal should then return you to the bash prompt. To disable the option:

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/k ickstart -configure -clientopts -setmenuextra -menuextra no

The kickstart manual is here:

sudo /System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/k ickstart -help

The commands should all be on one line.

HTH?

Tony

Command to turn on ARD Menu Extra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.