What is the status of this issue at Apple???
~ Peter Duke
Important: Known issues between DisplayLink and Lion OSX
The DisplayLink software runs well on Lion, but there is a problem on some Mac platforms. The built-in video driver on certain 2008 and 2009 Macs is incompatible with third-party video drivers. DisplayLink cannot fix this issue, as it is a bug introduced by Apple in Lion. Apple are aware of the problem and we hope they release a fix soon.
We need the community's help to put pressure on Apple to fix these issues and for them to know what pain it is causing their users. The issues are tracked with Apple with bug #9730040.
Symptoms caused by this issue are:
- The login screen may not be shown
- When dragging a window, you are unable to drop it
- Rendering issues on Safari, Quicktime, VLC and possibly other apps
Affected machines include:
- 13" MacBook (aluminum late 2008, early, mid, and late 2009)
- 13" MacBook Air (late 2008, mid 2009)
- 13" MacBook Pro (mid 2009)
- 15" MacBook Pro (late 2008, 2.53 GHz mid 2009, mid 2009)
- 17" MacBook Pro (early and mid 2009).
- 20" iMac (early or mid 2009)
- 24" iMac (early 2009)
- 21.5" iMac (late 2009)
- Mac mini (early or late 2009, Server late 2009)
- Mac mini Mac OS X Server (late 2009)
Please Apple provide fix ASAP. This is really impacting productivity!