Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sims3 only plays on one user profile

I have installed Sims3 on my 2011 iMac 27" and MacBookPro 17" using my (adminsitrator) profile. The problem is my Gandson cannot use it under his profile. I click the icon and it bounces and nothing happens. have tried launching the .exe file from finder but cannot get iot to load at all. I am using Lion 10.7.1 with the latest patches.

I assume it is something to do with permissions but I ain't sure what! Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 1:27 AM

9 replies

Sep 19, 2011 4:29 AM in response to vfr800a8

Could be I suppose…

Although if it's in the main Applications folder it should be read/write for all accounts.

To check; Right-click on the Sims application icon and select "get info" from the context menu. At the bottom of the pop-up window it will say who has what permissions (you may need to click the little triangle next to 'sharing & permissions' to show them).

As you installed it, I'd expect to see your name at the top of the list with Read & Write access, then Admin, also Read & Write. Last entry should be Everyone; that may be Read Only. You can try changing that to Read & Write and see if it can then be used from the other accounts.

You'll need to click the lock at bottom right and enter your admin password in order to change the permission.

If it still doesn't work, try the same exercise with Cider.

Jan 18, 2014 4:52 AM in response to vfr800a8

Hi,

just getting back this old topic, as I have exactly the same problem. The game launches only under the account that was used to install it.

I tried to set the read-write-execute permissions to everyone in the Sims3.app package, and this still doesn't solve the problem 😟

Any help is appreciated...

(iMac 2011 under 10.9)

Sims3 only plays on one user profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.