Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delay in season pass download

Purchased a Clone Wars Season 4 season pass and new episodes showed up in the store. But no notification or automated download available. Is there a delay in making content available when purchased a season pass?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 1:32 AM

10 replies

Sep 26, 2011 6:07 PM in response to Holger

Delay in downloading Good Wife. It's available in store, but no email. Won't even let me purchase the individual episode ( season premier). On top of that, the dang episode is available on CBS website for free, now. I'm so annoyed, what's the point of buying the season pass if I'm the last to see the friggin' thing. Want my money back. Anyone else have this issue?

Sep 27, 2011 6:08 AM in response to Tracey123

Same issue here as well. At first I thought it was just Doctor Who. But no it is every single season pass I have, Doctor Who, Castle, Two and Half Men, How I met Your Mother, all of them. I get the exact same blanket answer from iTunes cutomer service they will not even ackowledge there is a problem. It's like they don't even care that we gave them our money up front and now refuse to deliver what we paid for. I bet if I could get some one in my states atorneys office to get off there *** and file charge against Apple fro fraud (which is what this is at this point) then this problem would get fixed, but here in good old Louisianna the poiliticos would see this as a none issue.

Oct 15, 2011 1:20 AM in response to Holger

I'm having the same issue here as well. I just bought the Fringe Season 4 Season Pass today and it gives me all the episodes, except for the one that released yesterday evening, and shows up as a seperate download. What's up with that?

When I used to buy season passes from Amazon Instant Video, I never ran into issues like this. I like the flexibility of iTunes, and being able to view on multiple devices, but it seems I'm always having to contact iTunes support to fix an issue with a purchase.

Nov 17, 2011 2:58 PM in response to Holger

So what do you think would be the Apple "answer" if they cared to answer:

1. Not letting Season Pass buyers have access to episodes already available for new purchasers is fun. We are building the next generation Apple - we hate our best customers!

2. Their systems have some flaw / issue that creates regular delays. Effectively a house of cards ready to collapse!

3. It "works as designed." Everyone should watch less TV anyway and people stupid enough to buy season passes must have a problem.

If not one of these answers, what else could be the answer?

Jan 29, 2013 3:28 PM in response to Chicks444

No episode will be available until it has aired - That's what I understood when I purchased my season pass to Downton. I get Downton notification about 24 hours later. I would not have purchased but I wanted to keep up in case there was a DVR conflict and someone decided to ax my Downton. The only good side is that I can have a marathon without interruption when it's all over.

delay in season pass download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.