Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pandora One HTML5 player not loading correctly

Anyone using the Beta of Pandora One HTML5 player?

It refuses to load correctly in Safari 5.x it will show the spinning loading circle then just say it can't load.

It loads fine in Chrome.

I've emptied cache, i've deleted cookies, i've changed except cookies from anyone, nothing seems to work.

Anyone else using HTML5 player with Safari 5.x?

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 4:17 AM

9 replies

Sep 20, 2011 5:37 AM in response to BrianH

I was having the same problem. I have a Safari extension called "ClickToFlash" installed (it's a Flash blocker/replacer) and I used it's contextual menu to "Allow Flash on this domain" and then Pandora started to work. Yes, I know this doesn't make sense, since the new Pandora One is in HTML5 and not Flash after all... but apparently there still are some invisible Flash elements. Because once I told ClickToFlash to allow such Flash to load, the new PandoraOne beta successfully loaded for me. Whereas previously it would not.

Sep 20, 2011 7:04 AM in response to CT

Yep, to further test this theory, I uninstalled Flash from my system (using Adobe's Uninstaller app.) Then I went back to Pandora One's new player, and sure enough, there's a banner alert at the top telling me that I need to install Flash for it to work. That's sort of odd (and off-putting) because part of the reason I was excited for Pandora and this new player, was because I thought it'd be completely written in HTML5 and not dependent on any plugin, and especially not Flash! Oh well, not sure what that's all about, but whatever. At least it works.

I ended up installing Flash Player 11 beta (64 bit) after that... hoping it'll run well with Lion. I still have ClickToFlash installed to help tame it.

Dec 9, 2011 10:12 AM in response to BrianH

I'm having the same problem. Tried reinstalling Flash. Tried adding Pandora to the ClickToFlash extension whitelist. Tried turning off all extensions. Tried Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Tried the menu command Develop > User Agent > Internet Explorer 9.0. Tried restarting without loading any apps but Safari or Chrome. Pandora help desk said they couldn't help. So for now I'm listening to Pandora on my iPad, and waiting for something to happen.

Pandora One HTML5 player not loading correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.