Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture claims it can trim audio clips, but I can't find the controls!

I can't find the audio trim clips editor that the help menu claims is part of Aperture.

does anyone know how to do it? I can't get mine to work. Am I doing it wrong?

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 9:15 AM

3 replies

Sep 17, 2011 9:26 AM in response to gottalovemymac

Which version of Aperture? In 3 you can only trim audion if it is the scondary audio track.

When you mouse over the secondary audio track the cursor turns into a hand. Click the secondary track it will be selected (outlined) now place the hand at either end of the clip it will chnage into a duple arrow now drag the clip to adjust the length

Aug 6, 2012 11:32 PM in response to USNA63

The trim button is only available, if you view your Audio in the Viewer, not when you are editing a slideshow, as the paragraph in the manual says, that Frank pointed to - I think you may be referring to this paragraph of the help:

Editing Audio Clips in the Viewer

But while you are editing a slideshow the trim button is not available, and you can only trim the end of the clip and shorten it this way.

You will have to trim the audio you have imported to Aperture in the Viewer, befor using it with your slideshow, or to set the start time in iTunes, if you are using audio from your iTunes library - in iTunes you can set the start time in the song Info Panel - in the "Options" tab.

Regards

Léonie

Aperture claims it can trim audio clips, but I can't find the controls!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.