Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable keyboard shortcut "Control Shift Down"

Hi,

I'm mildly surprised that I couldn't find the answer to this little problem I have.

I'm running a PC version of Excel through VMWare under Mac OS X 10.7, and it works perfectly fine except that the keyboard shortcut for selecting continguous cells in a column - Control-Shift-Down - produces a weird "slow-mo" version of F10, which is showing all windows in the current application.

First of all, I hardly see this "feature" to be of any practical use as you can accomplish the same (without the slow-mo effect) by hitting F10 by default.

Secondly, this prevents me from doing something actually useful in Excel which is selecting continguous cells in a column.

Can someone please give a tip to disable this useless shortcut? I've looked everywhere in Keyboard settings in Preferences without success.

Can't believe no one else has the same issue.

TIA

-Wk

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 11:05 AM

6 replies

Dec 28, 2011 9:34 PM in response to Maluktuk

I guess I should have done a little more digging before I posted that. This can be fixed by going into System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Mission Control and then unchecking (or changing the default shortcut) for "Mission Control" and "Application Windows". The Excel key combination now works like a charm.

Dec 28, 2011 9:41 PM in response to Maluktuk

Thanks a lot for your post. I tried your suggestion and indeed got the Excel short-cut back. It wasn't obvious as "Mission Control" and "Application Windows" are mapped to F9 and F10 (rather than the ctrl-shift-down" combo).

It's ok since I don't really have any use for shortcut launching "Mission Control" or "Application windows".

How to disable keyboard shortcut "Control Shift Down"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.