Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you delete autofill words from Dictionary

My iPad 2 is capitalizing the first letter of my email address and first letter after the @ symbol. Many sites that request my email address are case sensitive so I have to manually edit the address every time. My email address is paulhain1@mac.com, so it automatically capitalizes it to look like Paulhain1@Mac.com. The other thing it tries to do is suggest "Pay Han". If you don't cancel that, it substitutes Pay Han for the email address. How do I get rrid of these memorized words?

Posted on Sep 17, 2011 8:30 PM

2 replies

Sep 17, 2011 8:40 PM in response to Paul Hain

Aside from turning of AutoFill in settings - If you want to "teach" the iPad your correct email address - The only way to get rid of the suggested words is to tap on the X when the suggested word pops up. If you refuse the iPad's suggestions enough times, the iPad will "learn" your words and the suggestions will go away. It may take more than a few refusals but it does work after a while.

You can turn off Auto caps in Settings>General>Keyboard>Auto Capitalization>Off.

You can also completely reset the keyboard dictionary in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Keyboard Dictionary to remove all of the memorized words and start all over again. You may want to turn off Auto Caps when you reset the keyboard dictionary.

Message was edited by: Demo

How do you delete autofill words from Dictionary

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.