Skip navigation

Group mail without wiki?

301 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2011 12:03 AM by LogMeCode3 RSS
jonathanfrom佐倉市 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 17, 2011 11:05 PM

In SLS I had more mail ability for groups that I do in Lion.

I am now trying to find out how to do the following without much luck.

1.  Create a group mail alias (ie:  mailing list)

- In the past, I just created a group account, and I could mail   group@domain.com  without problem

- Note:  I do not want -wiki on the mailing list and I don't want the wiki at all actually.

2.  Mail account redirects

- In the past, when a person left, I would redirect their mail in WGM in the mail tab.  Simply select "Forward" and set the user it was to forward to.  This tab is no longer in WGM. 

Can anyone point me to the right place?  I have been searching the docs, but no luck so far.

Thanks!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)
  • LogMeCode3 Calculating status...
    Sep 17, 2011 11:25 PM (in response to jonathanfrom佐倉市)

For #1:

Mailman is probably the easiest way to get a mail list (group mail) setup without using a wiki to do so.  It's in Server Admin --> Mail --> Settings --> Mailing Lists.  You can open up the users and groups list and just drag people into the list.  It'll setup a "Mailman" box first, which needs to be there, and then you can setup whatever mailing lists you need.  Emails to these addresses are formatted as <list_name>@your_server_domain.com.  It's actually more of a full-fledged subscribe/unsubscribe type list, but it'll do the job.

For #2:

Kind of the long way around, but you could log into their webmail account and setup the rule there.

• LogMeCode3 Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)
    Sep 17, 2011 11:39 PM (in response to jonathanfrom佐倉市)

Cool!  How would you configure the redirect using that method?  I'd like to try it.

• LogMeCode3 Level 1 Level 1 (70 points)
    Sep 18, 2011 12:03 AM (in response to jonathanfrom佐倉市)

Got it.  Thanks.

Since a lot of the 10.6 functionality is still actually in 10.7 (just inaccessible via GUI), it sure would be nice if Apple would release a 10.7 Advanced Server Tools for those who wish to have more control over their servers (without having to resort to using command line).

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.