Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need some serious help with border text!

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to do something on Pages.

I have made a table that is 3 columns by 100 rows. I have made it my desired width and height.

The problem is, whenever I enter text into one of the slots, the columns distort to adhere to the text size.

I want to make my entire table fixed, and I want the text that is entered within the table to auto-size itself, so as to fit within the table with no problems and no distortions.

I also want to know if it is possible to have a size cap on the font as well. For example, If I were to type in onomatopoeia, it would obviously resize itself to size 7 or something in order to fit within the table. However, if I type in Dog, I don't want it to make itself size 15 just to take up as much space as possible. I would rather there be a size cap of say, 12, so that the table would appear to be a lot more organized. The auto-size would be more for long words and long blocks of text.

Lastly, I want to be able to do this ALL AT ONCE. There are 300 different text blocks, so it would be very time consuming to apply this "auto-size" rule to each block.

Does anyone know how to do this? an answer would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 10:40 AM

1 reply

I need some serious help with border text!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.