Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After software update for Lexmark printer, cannot print document as a file is missing. My iMac runs with Snow Leopard.

I have a Lexmark 3500 - 4500 series printer connected to my iMac via USB (as my iMac won't do the printing wirelessly. My iMac runs with Mac OS X, Snow Leopard, Version 10.6.8.

A few days ago, there were several software updates that I have installed as there was mention that they were for Mac OS X Lion.

Today, I tried to print a document, and it failed. The error message was: "Missing component: /Library/Printers/Lexmark/Drivers/.Resources/3500-4500 Series Color 2.lut".

I have re-installed the software from Lexmark without success.

Has anyone had a similar issue who can advise me, please?

Thank you.

Philippe

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 1:00 PM

Have you tried installing the Lexmark software from the Apple site:

Lexmark Printer Drivers v2.4 for Mac OS X v10.6

You are running 10.6 which the above link is for, maybe Lion (10.7) doesn't need everything that 10.6 does. Try re-installing using the above link.

3 replies

After software update for Lexmark printer, cannot print document as a file is missing. My iMac runs with Snow Leopard.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.