Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Was was audio out not included with the Thunderbolt Display?

Please include it in the next revision. Would make this perfect.

Discuss....

Thunderbolt Display-OTHER

Posted on Sep 18, 2011 8:47 PM

6 replies

Sep 19, 2011 12:57 PM in response to daveclarke_au

Does anyone know of a good solution to use external speakers with the Thunderbolt display?

Use case is - Macbook Air hooked to Thunderbolt display. I know it'll just use the Thunderbolt display's speakers, and I know I could use external speakers by plugging them into my headphone jack on my Macbook Air. What I want though is the ability to plug external speakers into my Thunderbolt display. The whole point of having to only plug in one cable to my macbook air and all...

Anybody know of a good way to accomplish this? External USB sound card or something maybe?

May 18, 2012 6:58 AM in response to mikey-p

I can confirm that the Voyetra Turtle Beach Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro II - USB sound card from MacMall.com works flawlessly on the Thunderbild Display. It converts your usb port to a 3.5mm jack out and sounds awesome! Once plugged in, change your audio setting in the preferences to send audio out through this usb card and wal-la!

http://www.macmall.com/p/Voyetra-Turtle-Beach-Telephony/product~dpno~8081270~pdp .gbaiddd

Was was audio out not included with the Thunderbolt Display?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.